We have been wanting to make this trip for two years and we finally did it!!! Was such a blast!
Havasu Falls is without question one of the most amazing places on earth. "Havasupai" means "people of the blue green water" , and this natural wonder is the sacred home of many of the Havasupai people. This hike begins at Hualapai Hilltop, making a 10 mile descent through Hualapai Canyon and Havasu Canyon, pass Supai Village to the campground. From here, we access world renown Mooney and Havasu Falls. These spectacular turquoise waterfalls drop into cool travertine pools making some of the world's best swimming holes.
Our first night in Arizona before our hike, We went to check in at the front desk of our hotel and there is a sign posted "Paranormal activity recorded here, Stay at your own risk" Uuuummmmm REALLY??????? and the lady proceeds to tell us the ghost stories.... LOL.... Yeah, SLEEP TIGHT!
These pics are out of order completely and I still need to add the pictures from Mom and Brookes cameras....
ENJOY!
Good times with my best friends!
Its "Man Hunter" next folks! LMAO!
The vegetation was so cool!
Love this pic..... Love my sis!
Changing shoes.... Brooke and Kerri... arent they cute?!
Kerri and brooke
To say the least, it was an exhausting 3 days and mom was willing to pay the $85 to helicopter out...
She seriously was an amazing hiker the whole time!
We ended up hiking out in the dark with head lamps, Kerri acting as our drill Sgt., Brooke and I almost dead and singing the star spangled banner at the top of our lungs trying to scare away the coyotes. Too funny!
She was scared! Never had been in a helicopter before.... She was such a sweetheart and went and got us a very nice hotel room to clean up and relax in after our adventure..... It is also the hotel room I spent the entire time in the restroom and could have gone through 3 cans of air freshener.... Just saying! It was horrible.... Brooke and I visited the restroom every five minutes for the first half of the road trip home.... :(
This is a store that is down in the canyon. They open when they want and basically do what they want with absolutely no customer service skills.....
I had to take pictures because I thought this was too funny! As you can see in the picture below, they have added like this hut thing onto the side of there house to play restaraunt out of (like me and my siblings did as kids).... He is poking his head out to take our order before our long hike out.
Yes, it is for real! and the hamberger tasted oh so good!
Im swimming towards the falls and it is so hard because the force pushes you away.
You could walk back behind the falls... beautiful!
I am an official cliff diver now..... It took me like 3o minutes to jump, I was scared to death! But, Im alive to tell the story and ready to do it again!
So many cool swimming holes and places to cliff jump!
Look at the muscles in moms legs. She was so scared to climb up these ladders and chains. It was so crazy, but awesome!
Brooke loving life!
Mom and Brooke. I loved moms floppy hat!
The force from this fall was incredible! We had to walk into it backwards because it almost hurt. You can see the mist at the bottom.
She hates this pic, but I love it, and well since its my blog... I posted it! Love you BFF!
Brooke and I
This just shows how cool of a hike down into the falls.
MORE PICS TO COME!!!
We are coming back in May 2013 with our kids and will stay in the campground for a week next time instead of the lodge.
No comments:
Post a Comment